The U.S. Patent and Trademark Office has granted patents to multiple innovative spine and orthopedic devices since 2020.
Here are 10 patents to know:
1. Medicrea got seven key patents for its UNiD Adaptive Spine Intelligence proprietary software platform.
2. CTL Amedica was granted a patent for a screw offset blocking mechanism designed for its Monet anterior cervical fusion system.
3. The U.S. Patent and Trademark Office granted orthobiologics company Kuros Biosciences a patent for the use of parathyroid hormone containing matrices for spinal fusion.
4. Happe Spine's PEEK technology was awarded a patent.
5. Scott Trenhaile, MD, has received a U.S. patent for a surgical suture anchor produced by Smith+Nephew.
6. Aurora Spine received a patent for its DEXA Technology platform, which is used to create bone density-matching implants.
7. HD LifeSciences announced the expansion of its patent portfolio with the issuance of patent number US10,888,429 B2, Three-Dimensional Lattice Structures for Implants.
8. Medical device company PainTEQ received three patents for a minimally invasive procedure to help sacroiliac joint dysfunction patients.
9. Vuze Medical's spine imaging system received patents in China, Europe and the U.S.
10. CTL Amedica was granted a U.S. patent for its Klimt expandable lumbar interbody fusion cage design.